Update: pykiteconnect 4.0.0 released (includes breaking changes)

rakeshr
rakeshr edited December 2021 in Python client
A new version of pykiteconnect v4.0.0 is available now, the release has some breaking changes.
Below are the two major breaking changes:
- Renamed WebSocket ticker fields as per kite connect doc.
- Renamed bsecds to bcd in ticker.EXCHANGE_MAP.
To know complete changes and fixes done in this major release, you can go through the release note here.

We also request users not to update to the v3.9.5 version since it contains breaking changes. Instead, use v4.0.0. The same is mentioned in the release note as well.
  • sodha_rakesh
    Is there any impact on currently working existing (old) API in case its not upgraded to latest version?
  • rakeshr
    Is there any impact on currently working existing (old) API in case its not upgraded to latest version?
    No, it won't impact your existing setup, but you won't be able to receive BCD ticks using WebSocket streaming.
  • sodha_rakesh
    Thank you @rakeshr for the confirmation.
  • Sreedhar
    How to update to the latest version?
  • rakeshr
    You can upgrade to the latest version using pip:
    pip install --upgrade kiteconnect
  • Guhan
    @rakeshr I am using version 3.7.7, if I update to 4.0.0 will there be any problems in my algo. I am using only nse and nfo. Is there any changes between order placement between 3.7.7 and 4.0.0.
  • Guhan
    @rakeshr, also is there any specific reasons why ticker field names has been changed?
  • rakeshr
    Is there any changes between order placement between 3.7.7 and 4.0.0.
    No, there are no order placement changes. You can go through the complete release note here.
    also is there any specific reasons why ticker field names has been changed?
    Yes, this is done to keep all kite connect libs ticker fields in sync. As explained in the release note.
  • Guhan
    @rakeshr, thanks for the reply. Is there any deadline for 4.0.0? Can I stick with 3.7.7 for few months, before moving to 4.0.0, have to do major changes to my algo.
  • rakeshr
    Is there any deadline for 4.0.0?
    No, there is no deadline for this. You can use the required version as per your convenience. If any mandatory upgrade is required, we will announce the same on the forum.
  • sodha_rakesh
    sodha_rakesh edited December 2021
    Can we have the websocket ticker field mapping details Old vs. New? (it is not clear from the document link shared above)

e.g. < old field name > --> < new field name >
    timestamp --> exchange_timestamp
    volume --> volume_traded