i am not able to place order as i am getting this error.

mayureshrele
mayureshrele edited December 2021 in Node JS client

1-Trigger price for stoploss sell orders cannot be below the lower circuit price. Please try placing the order with trigger price above 83.85
2-Trigger price for stoploss buy orders should be higher than the last traded price (92.65)

from kite.zerodha it is getting placed it has same order tyle SL-M then why from backend it is not getting placed

• SRIJAN
    SRIJAN edited December 2021
    What were the trigger prices you were entering ?
  • rakeshr
    We just checked SL-M buy order trigger price above LTP and SL-M sell order trigger price below LTP but greater than lower circuit price, both are working fine.
    Make sure, you are entering trigger price higher than LTP for SL-M buy order and trigger price lower than LTP but higher than lower circuit limit for SL-M sell order.
  • mayureshrele
    LTP was 92.65
    i wanted to place short order which is SL-M at 92.55
    same for the long order which is SL-M at 92.75
    the same i tried from website with same values it is working
  • rakeshr
    i wanted to place short order which is SL-M at 92.55
    same for the long order which is SL-M at 92.75
    Let us know, all order placement params for this including transaction_type, trigger_price, current_ltp(as reference).
  • SRIJAN
    SRIJAN edited December 2021
    The ltp is 91.5. And your trigger price is 91.5. Your trigger price should be lower than ltp(91.5). That's what was happening with you yesterday too,your trigger price is the ltp itself. Maybe you should check your code.
  • rakeshr
    This is throwing the correct error message. You need to set trigger_price lower than LTP for SELL SL/SL-M order. As these are stop-loss orders. You can go through this article to understand on SL/SL-M working, read Alternate use of SL order: section.
    2. To sell below LTP, you can place a Sell SL order with the price at which you want to sell.
    your trigger price is the ltp itself. Maybe you should check your code
    Trigger price is what you send from your side. We can't modify the trigger price from our side. Go through this documentation to understand order placement.