Getting cumulative OI for a strike

pranavwagh
Hello Experts,

I wanted to know how/where can I find out the cumulative OI for a strike. For example, if a get a quote of NFO:NIFTY2230319000CE using kite.quote(), I do get the OI for it, however I don't see anything in the response which shows cumulative OI for that strike.

Regards,
Pranav Wagh
  • SRIJAN
    The OI in quote response is the current standing open interest of that contract. What do you mean by cumulative oi??
  • pranavwagh
    So, you mean that's the total OI, not the day change. I was a bit confused because of sensibull implementation: Here are the screenshots:
    So, according to what you said, the second screenshot represents the data that I get from OI in quotes response, and first screenshot is just the delta from yesterday?

• SRIJAN
    Yes, it's even written on y-axis of both screenshots. Also,you can see that the oi in first screenshot is sometimes negative which means that's it's actually the oi change as oi can never be negative.
  • pranavwagh
    Thanks @SRIJAN! You rock! :smile: You are a huge help!

I have one more question relating to OI, but I'll post it in a separate thread so that it can be tracked easily
This discussion has been closed.