NIFTY Futures

naveen278
All
What is the API to get data for NIFTY future like NIFTY22JUNFUT. I am able to get for normal stocks data, but not for NIFTY future.
Can you let me know API to geet NIFTY future data?
  • SRIJAN
    You can use websocket, market quotes or historical data API to get data for any instrument.

https://kite.trade/docs/connect/v3/
  • naveen278
    I want live data for Nifty Futures. I see your API getQuoteForSymbol is not written data for Nifty futures. Can you help me get that data? I am not looking for historical data. Hope my ask is clear? With getQuoteForSymbol I am able to get data for Reliance,etc but not for futures?
  • naveen278
    The API used is getQuote and it is not working for Nifty futures,etc it is working for Reliance,etc Hope I am clear of what I am discussing.
  • SRIJAN
    You need to use common sense API for this.

NFO is the exchange for all equity derivatives.
  • SRIJAN
    Also,NIFTY June Future has expired. You can only get data for live contracts from quote APIs.
  • naveen278
    Can you please specify the API here clearly along with Class Name, I am getting confused with your generic statements. Also what is CommonSense API?
  • naveen278
    I know JUNE has expired can you please make it clear API name and Class Name so no confusion. Your messages are generic and confusing.
  • sujith
    sujith edited July 2022
    @naveen278,
    We don't provide coding support on this forum. We are not support folks here. We are all developers who take out some time while working on our projects to help out fellow community members. You can read about the APIs here.
  • naveen278
    I dont think you understood the question, My query IS WHICH API TO USE TO GET INDEX LATEST DATA LIKE BANKNIFTY,ETC
  • naveen278
    HOPE I AM LOUD AND CLEAR.
  • naveen278
    PLEASE NOTE getQuote API is providing only for normal Stocks like Reliance,etc but not for Index. My question is which API to use for this? HOPE I AM LOUD AND CLEAR. Please clarify if any queries. since I dont think you understand the question in the first place. I am a programmer for last 23 years I dont need programming help.
  • naveen278
    As a benefit of doubt I tried NFO:NIFTY_AUTO along with getQuote API but it failed, can some one let me know which API to use to get Index Latest data like Auto Index, bank nifty index,etc.
  • naveen278
    Team,
    Can someone help me with this on priority?
  • SRIJAN
    SRIJAN edited July 2022
    23 YEARS of experience couldn't teach you how to read a documentation?? :p

Fine,I will tell you what I understood after reading the documentation for 23 SECONDS.

To get indices data,pass 'NSE:(NIFTY 50'/'NIFTY BANK'/NIFTY AUTO') in the quote function and you will get what you want.

For equity derivatives,like this:
    'NFO:NIFTY22JULFUT'

Now,stop spamming the same thing again and again . :#
  • naveen278
    I read that in the documentation already that is why I pasted it here since when I try it in my program only for NIFTY it errors out.
  • naveen278
    I am getting this
    Cannot read field "lastPrice" because the return value of "java.util.Map.get(Object)" is null
  • naveen278
    It is going fine for normal stocks.
  • naveen278
    I see only NSE:NIFTY AUTO working fine but NSE:NIFTY 50,etc fails
  • SRIJAN
    SRIJAN edited July 2022
    This shouldn't happen.

Paste your code where you fetch quote ,the debug log, and the exception message.

Don't forget to mask your app credentials.
  • DD1365
    banknifty_spot = kite.ltp("NSE:NIFTY BANK")["NSE:NIFTY BANK"]['last_price']

Everything is working fine, above line in Python is working perfectly fine every single day across all my client accounts. Not sure what are you doing incorrectly.
  • ankit_raj027
    Whstap me 7000070421 , For Trading multiple accounts for same order , Any typ of development, Algo strategies, Managing multiple accounts etc
  • decoder_12
    You can reach out to me : 9310395219
    Watch this playlist of Zerodha API Implementation in python -