maximum allowed order requests exceeded

mtash
Hi,

I am running a python client based on an algorithm for ordering scrips. I am sure I have not exceeded the 3000 orders or 200 order a minute cap. I am maintaining a log before it runs a the place_order function, even if its a failed one. Now I cannot exit my open positions because I get this error.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,
  • mtash

This is the error
  • rakeshr
    rakeshr edited August 2022
    maximum allowed order requests exceeded
    This includes order modification per order well. Can you try to place a new order and check?
  • mtash
    I have set on a logging mechanism in on_order_update ticker call. 3000 orders per day includes all kinds of order update statutes or only orders that are 'COMPLETED' ?

I was not able to close by trades today because of this which were finally squared off by admin where I will be charged for the same.

Please specify details of the orders that can be placed because I placed only 102 orders including a few cancelled ones.

Thanks
  • SRIJAN
    SRIJAN edited August 2022
    The 3000 orders per day limit includes all the orders ,not just 'COMPLETED' ones ,even the rejected or cancelled orders count ,and also those which are rejected by the mini RMS.
  • mtash
    That means if I place a single order apart from OPEN, COMPLETE, CANCELLED, and REJECTED it will also include PUT ORDER REQUEST RECEIVED, VALIDATION PENDING, OPEN PENDING, MODIFY VALIDATION PENDING, MODIFY PENDING, TRIGGER PENDING, CANCEL PENDING, AMO REQ RECEIVED in the order limits?
  • SRIJAN
    No no,you are getting it wrong.
    Every order 'request' made by you(call to place order API) is counted, not the various statuses of the order.