Instruments API Not Giving Latest Instrument List

abhivin123
https://api.kite.trade/instruments - This sometimes does not have all the product list in it. For example, FEDERALBNK option chain today. The last CE strike it is giving is 134 but nseindia shows that strike 143 also exists. It is not just a problem with API but I saw Kite and Sensibull also having that limited option chain.

What is the frequency of updating of this instruments file? If new products with strike are added in NSE how long does it take to be reflected via instruments API. Also, can this come with a timestamp or a web socket event so that we can subscribe to it and know when new file has arrived?

Proof attached for reference -

• rakeshr
    These strikes are added in intraday real-time. As of now, we don't update instrument file in real-time. We will check on this in the future.
  • abhivin123
    abhivin123 edited September 2022
    Thanks for reverting. Yeah ... I think it should be updated in realtime just like exposure/span margin files you get from exchange or maybe along with the circuit limits file.

Anyhow, I still need to know what time is this file/api data updated. When should I have the API fetch in the morning to make sure I have the latest possible data considering it won't be updated on an intraday basis for the rest of the day?
  • rakeshr
    When should I have the API fetch in the morning to make sure I have the latest possible data
    The instrument list is updated around 8 AM every trading day. It's recommended to fetch post that.
  • abhivin123
    The instrument list is updated around 8 AM every trading day. It's recommended to fetch post that.
    Got it. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.