API to capture Live Ticks for Multiple Stocks

Shaj
Hi
I have a simple requirement and want to know if zerodha/kite can solve it.
Basically, i want to write a simple program using APIs to get the live ticks for a list of stocks and save them in my DB for later analysis.
Has anybody done anything similar before. Is this possible easily through your APIs? What is the interval of the ticks ? In your API docs, the response for websocket streaming doesn't have time stamp. Is there any limit on the number of stocks that i can stream live simultaneously? eg: can i stream 150-200 stocks at a time ?
  • Shaj
    Found this package.
    https://github.com/rainmattertech/pykiteconnect

This should be good enough to implement my requirement.
  • sujith
    @Shaj,

You can subscribe for 200 scrips at a time.
    We don't have timestamp associated with ticks right now. We are planning to add it soon.
  • sujith
    Found this package.
    https://github.com/rainmattertech/pykiteconnect

This should be good enough to implement my requirement.
    Yes you can use it. Checkout API documentation here.
  • Shaj
    Thanks Sujith.
    @sujith
    Is it possible to get the 1 sec tick data after the market close , for the whole day? Or is this available only live during market hours ? I didnt see any specific api for this. The historical api has a minimum interval of 1 min only.
  • Shaj
    In the above post, by 1sec tick , i meant the live tick stream.
    Having access to ticks might be useful after market close. I see lot of threads where people have hit errors during streaming. In such cases, people can retrieve the data at EOD in one shot.
  • sujith
    Hi @Shaj,

After market hours, you will get last cached tick.

Checkout all available intervals for historical data here.
  • Shaj
    @sujith
    Any update on this ?
    "We don't have timestamp associated with ticks right now. We are planning to add it soon."

Thanks
  • sujith
    @Shaj,
    We are right now working on revamp of core APIs. This is on our list but, it will be done in future.
  • naz
    This is a good suggestion from @Shaj - it will be really useful to get 1 sec snapshot data (live data) at day end (even if it is made available only for last few days). Probably good to keep this in future releases.