How actively are these apis being developed?

rahilbhansali
As someone who's been subscribing to the APIs since late 2020, just wondering how actively these APIs are being worked on?
Is it possible to share a roadmap of things the team is working on and have the community give inputs / votes?

Things like the below would be great and someone like me would also pay a premium for some of them / some are also what I'd expect basis other broker APIs I access overseas:

1. Historical Order Data - while you can fetch it daily and save at our end, next day reconciliation isn't possible. This is something I consider very important - and shouldn't be a hard implement.

2. Tag imports on Console and P&L bifurcation. Nithin's recent twitter/linkedin post discussed the updates around this. Wasn't clear if API tags will be supported.

3. Fundamental Data for Symbols (chargeable) - if your SEBI license allows, this would be a great addition. Stuff like insider trades, key ratios, etc. Possibly a chargeable feature. There are other services I believe that could do this well but Kite could be an enabler (e.g. tickertape giving out APIs for Kite Developers).

4. Tick Level Data

But again - these maybe from my bias. Would be good to have community upvotes on roadmap that may enable most of us. Thanks for considering it!
  • rahilbhansali
    Btw - I'm also happy to engage further, show my use-cases, discuss possibilities and help out with the development if needed.
  • sujith
    1. Historical Order Data - while you can fetch it daily and save at our end, next day reconciliation isn't possible. This is something I consider very important - and shouldn't be a hard implement.
    Kite Connect only has trading capabilities. This ins't possible until back office APIs are integrated into Kite Connect.
    2. Tag imports on Console and P&L bifurcation. Nithin's recent twitter/linkedin post discussed the updates around this. Wasn't clear if API tags will be supported.
    We do have plans of providing this. Once it is done, we will update the documentation.
    3. Fundamental Data for Symbols (chargeable) - if your SEBI license allows, this would be a great addition. Stuff like insider trades, key ratios, etc. Possibly a chargeable feature. There are other services I believe that could do this well but Kite could be an enabler (e.g. tickertape giving out APIs for Kite Developers).
    We don't have plans of providing this as of now. We may consider this in future.
    4. Tick Level Data
    We already provide tick data on the Websockets API, you can save it at your end.
  • rahilbhansali
    Hi @sujith,

Thanks for the quick responses.

1. Any chance you can keep your roadmap visible somewhere (maybe for those who are paying for the APIs)?

2. Tick Level Data is only for the real-time prices. No plans of having historical tick-level data available as ETL on a chargeable basis? For equity and options. A lot of peers who've been dabbling off-late have been asking me for a good source to get options data.

Again - would be good to have a few folks who use the Kite APIs for algo-trading in a room / virtual room and gather feedback and start knowledge sharing. There's ton of potential in making this even more useful. I know the use-case is currently for trading and maybe focused more on sub-brokerage / multi-user products but would be good to develop for prop-trading as well.

Thanks again and post your responses will close this thread.