Postbacks on Stock sold by user through Kite app

snghnishant
snghnishant edited December 2022 in General
We are using kite APIs for providing trading/investing on our app for Zerodha users. However, we have reached a good amount of scale with Kite users and most of them are using our app to place orders in Zerodha. We are facing difficulties in maintaining the user's portfolio in sync with the user's holdings bought through us but sold through the Kite app. The question I want to ask here is if kite postback gives us the order postback in case a user who bought a stock through a developer API is now trying to sell that stock on the kite app by themself. If this is not implemented then how we can make sure to keep the user portfolio in sync with the stocks that were bought through our app?

Please consider that the user's access token is no more valid at our end so we can't fetch the order book/positions to match the quantity available in their portfolio
  • rakeshr
    If a user has logged out of any third party platform then it's against the user's privacy policy to share data with a third-party platform. The only workaround, I see is maybe you need to inform your clients to place orders on your platform for orders bought from there or you can have a manual entry system to take input values for such orders, which are not placed from your platform.
  • snghnishant
    okay, thanks for letting me know.