Tags and Multiple Tags

hyuga
What is the limit of characters to send one single Tag?

How to send multiple Tags and how those will be displayed in the Order Book ?
  • rakeshr
    20 chars. Go through the documentation here.
  • hyuga
    Answers to the following questions are missing in the documentation -

1) How to send multiple Tags? Can I pass the list of tags as an argument while posting order?

2) What is the maximum number of tags that can be included in Tag list?

3) For multiple tags in the Tag list sent to order function, does the individual tag has 20 character limit
    or
    the sum of characters of all tags should be less than or equal to 20?
  • rakeshr
    How to send multiple Tags? Can I pass the list of tags as an argument while posting order?
    You can pass the array of tag. Eg: tag=['TagA', 'TagB', 'TagC', 'TagD']
    What is the maximum number of tags that can be included in Tag list?
    For multiple tags in the Tag list sent to order function, does the individual tag has 20 character limit
    Individual tag should be within 20 character limit.
  • vatsarj
    @rakeshr I have a created a tag in one of my accounts and when I try to send it via the Kite Connect API it does not seem to be flowing through in Console. However, in another account which also has tag when I checked on the Kite browser I see that this tag is associated with a number and it appears like this "t:itrend:5925" Does this mean while sending the tags via API for each account the number changes and has to be sent to flow through to Console ? Thnx
  • rakeshr
    Currently, tagged order(tag field in the order placement) is only retrieved in the orderbook. The option to be reflected in the console would be added soon. We will announce it here and update the kiteconnect docs as well.
  • vatsarj
    But @rakeshr when the tag is sent via API in the above format it is already flowing through to the back office i.e Console and showing up there, but when just the tag without the number is sent it is not flowing through to Console. Hence wanted to confirm as to why it works with the number and not without the number ?