Getting hourly stock / index data with connect subscription

spartacus
One way is to subscribe to the websocket and collect hourly data manually by keeping track of OHLC in code. That is not always reliable and sometimes if script fails or websocket connection resets, there is data loss.

Can we get the OHLC hourly or for that matter any other timeframe like 15m or 5m using just connect APIs without historical API subscription?

I am talking about just current day not for older days. Meaning at the end of the day or hour, can I get day's hourly OHLC?
  • rakeshr
    Can we get the OHLC hourly or for that matter any other timeframe like 15m or 5m using just connect APIs without historical API subscription?
    No, there is no built-in API for hourly OHLC. You need to create hourly-based websocket/quote call at your end.
  • spartacus
    @rakeshr
    Got it. So will have to subscribe to historical data if we don't want to maintain at our end.

Can we get old stock or index options data also with historical subscription? Meaning if I want SBIN 550 CE hourly or 5m OHLC for July 2023, is it available through historical APIs? If yes, could you share steps to get that.
  • sujith
    Kite Connect only provides continuous day candle data for expired futures instruments.
  • spartacus
    spartacus edited June 26
    @sujith Saw that section and wasn't clear. I am not looking for continuous data for futures. I need old options data, is it not possible? Do you guys not cache or store it at your end?
  • rakeshr
    I need old options data, is it not possible?
    No, it's not possible as of now. You can only get day candle data for expired FUT contracts.