requests.exceptions.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

mb12
Get this error sometimes when calling historical_data() function and if we look further the trace appears to be from:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/ubuntu/padantra/uenv/lib/python3.10/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 975, in json
raise RequestsJSONDecodeError(e.msg, e.doc, e.pos)

It seems the following call kiteconnect/connect.py->_request() is giving the exception:
r = self.reqsession.request(...)

Which essentially means that the response from the kiteconnect API Server is sometimes non-json as well where as json is expected for the parsing! Can this be looked into?

Please note that this occurs when multiple calls are being made to historical_data() from multiple processes & many number of times! So it's even possible it may be going over the api rate limit across processes, not sure if that's the cause as there's a different error that i get when it crosses rate limit.
  • tonystark
    Could you enable the debug logs as per the getting started guide here? This will show what the API is actually responding with.
  • mb12
    problem is it comes once in a while, to get it i will have to keep debug off all the time that could slow the process down. but will try in some way where i can.
  • mb12
    *debug on
  • rakeshr
    It looks like an unhandled error at pykiteconnect. If you can paste the complete debug log, it will be helpful.
    You can also handle it at your end, by a failover retry.