Order varieties - valid combinations

mnkartik
mnkartik edited March 2017 in General
Hi Team,

From the given link to the documentation https://kite.trade/docs/connect/v1/#default-parameter-values,
what are the valid BUY and SELL TX types for given combinations ( order_type, position, validity, product ) for exchange = BSE.

I am guessing that only few combinations work for a given BUY and given SELL TX. Pls let know.

NOTE: only equities.
Tagged:
  • sujith
    Can you elaborate? I didn't get your query.
  • mnkartik
    Hi @sujith , sorry for the trouble, as I have multiple scenarios, i will try to put if forth one by one. Below is one of the scenario,

SCENARIO - 1
    -------------------------

http://zerodha.com/z-connect/tradezerodha/zerodha-trader-software-version/zt-position-conversion

Per this blog, it says we could modify the MIS order to CNC. Lets say below is the flow

12:00 MIS | BUY | 10 shares @ 10 Rs, here all 10 got purchased and are in my account
    13:20 MIS | SELL | 10 shares @ 12 Rs, order is placed, but is on hold
    14:45 MIS | only 5 got matrialzied and another 5 dint get fullfilled, only partial sell
    15:00 MIS | since purchase of 5 shares are still not sold, these I would like to continue next day and change the order type to CNC

Q: how am i able to convert the purchase of 10 shares and out of which only 5 shares got modified to CNC. Does simply modifiying the the order by using order_id of API of the initial purchase order is sufficient to update the order type from MIS to CNC.

Q: Is the order_id the same to be used when modifying because i am guessing the even tough the order qty was 10 now its changed to 5. Does the order when pulled from order api lists the purchased order with updated qty from 10 to 5 with same order_id ?

Q: if converted then the brokerage if sold later will be calculated including the day when the order product got modified or from the next day (T + 1 )onwards since supposingly the modification api call got executed on 15:00 hours on day T.

Q: what will the validity and position type values as such in API call, to be used before and after the order modification
  • mnkartik
    HI @sujith ,

Scenario 1
    --------------------

Pls ignore the above question no 3 related to brokerage. What I meant was,

Q: once the order got modified to CNC, then for those 5 qty of stocks will be applied the delivery brokerage instead of intraday when ever the 5 qty order gets sold.
  • sujith
    Hi @mnkartik,
    12:00 MIS | BUY | 10 shares @ 10 Rs, here all 10 got purchased and are in my account
    13:20 MIS | SELL | 10 shares @ 12 Rs, order is placed, but is on hold
    14:45 MIS | only 5 got matrialzied and another 5 dint get fullfilled, only partial sell
    15:00 MIS | since purchase of 5 shares are still not sold, these I would like to continue next day and change the order type to CNC
    Kite allows convert position based on positions only, not based on order or trades. Check out API for position conversion here.

In this scenario, you can convert position wherein, you need to send quantity as 5 and you must have enough margin.

At the same time, you need to cancel your open order. If you leave it open, it might get executed then you will end up opening MIS position.
    Q: once the order got modified to CNC, then for those 5 qty of stocks will be applied the delivery brokerage instead of intraday whenever the 5 qty order gets sold.
    You will be paying intra-day brokerage for first order and CNC for the second one.
    Q: what will the validity and position type values as such in API call, to be used before and after the order modification
    End of the day, you will have two positions, one with MIS which will be closed and one more with CNC. Orderbook will have two orders, one with status complete and another with status canceled and partially filled.
  • mnkartik
    Hi @sujith ,

I dint get full clarity and hence formatted the flow of events in an excel sheet. Pls find link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxMF7D0F0ED-cEVudjhMVlJQS1U/view?usp=sharing

In case of any further discussion, is it possible to discuss offline through call or mail. Pls let know.
  • sujith
    Hi @mnkartik,
    You can private message me.