Errors seen today morning (14th March)

Shaj
I got some error today morning while streaming using the python library. Its the same script which has been running fine last week. Is it just me or others have also seen

in send
raise ConnectionError(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='kite.zerodha.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /connect/login?api_key=xxxxxxxxxxx (Caused by NewConnectionError(': Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused',))

After multiple restarts, the script is working fine now, but am afraid will it hit the error again...

First error was seen at 09:19:12am
Some logs from my application
Starting the process
Tue Mar 14 08:55:20 IST 2017
The process ended at
Tue Mar 14 09:19:12 IST 2017
Starting the process
Tue Mar 14 09:19:12 IST 2017
The process ended at
Tue Mar 14 09:27:01 IST 2017
Starting the process
Tue Mar 14 09:27:01 IST 2017
The process ended at
Tue Mar 14 09:27:02 IST 2017
Starting the process
Tue Mar 14 09:27:02 IST 2017
The process ended at
Tue Mar 14 09:27:03 IST 2017

• itsram90
    many issues, still not able to populate my data using historical api, this is very bad
  • charuvindatre
    can confirm, facing multiple issues.
  • Shaj
    Something is wrong today. Iam seeing a pattern. My sessions freeze for 20-25seconds without any ticks...then suddenly lot of ticks come within a second which i guess the Websocket is not able to handle...and it terminates. On restart...it works fine..iam seeing this freeze every 5-8mins. Not getting any exceptions during freezes...
  • sujith
    @Shaj, @charuvindatre, @itsram90,
    We are looking into this.
  • kivijoshi
    I am facing same problem since friday. I have already raised it, connection interupting abruptly. I have implemented on_error method and it ends with error and gets closed.
  • sujith
    @kivijoshi, @Shaj, @charuvindatre, @itsram90,
    We had some issue with internet connectivity at our data center. It should be fixed by now.
    Please check and let us know.
  • Shaj
    The last freeze that i saw was at 12:25. If you think the internet connectivity was resolved aaround that time, then i guess.. that was the root cause. Will observe it tomm again.

Thanks
  • kivijoshi
    Its still not resolved. It happned again in the morning at 9.27 AM.
  • Shaj
    It was much better today. Yes, i even i saw a drop at 9:27 and 9:37. But i think it was fine after that...
  • kivijoshi
    I tested it an hour ago and dropped at that time again. I request kite connect people to look into this issue. Its quite ugly that websocket is stopping. It can cost money.
  • Shaj
    i saw one more drop around 2:40pm... the session froze for 20sec.. then a burst of ticks within a second followed by drop of websocket connection...
  • Shaj
    There was no exception at 2:40pm.. just a freeze of the session...
  • kivijoshi
    @Shaj how r u handling these drops? do u have any mechanism in place to reconnect?
  • Shaj
    I have a simple application which logs all the ticks to the DB. This app terminates when the connection drop. I actually launch this app from an anchor script, which will restart the application if it terminates.. just a simple loop.
    Basically i don't try to reconnect within the application, but instead restart the application from a script. Thats easier to implement and handle all kinds of terminations.
  • kivijoshi
    kivijoshi edited March 2017
    @Shaj Thanks! that's good idea. I will implement same at my side. I am loosing confidence for Kite Connect API reliability
  • Shaj
    Things have been smooth from last few days. Not a single drop. Good work guys. Thanks
    You can close this thread.
This discussion has been closed.