How's the Kite API billed?

koushik72
Hi, I am having a very serious issue.
I added 2000 credits into Kite developer account.
All of sudden today when I am making calls it shows bad gateway, when I go to the devloper account, I see that my credit is 0. It's been only over 5 days I guess that I added it and I also tried adding credit into my account which resulted in error as well.
What's exactly happening?
Will appreciate if someone from the Kite Connect dev team of Zerodha replies to this query.
Thank you very much in advance.
  • sujith
    Hi @koushik72,
    It seems like you have registered on developers console with some other email id. Can you private message me your api_key, we will check and get back to you.
  • koushik72
    Hi Sujith, thanks a lot for taking your time to solve my query. I received a call Kite connect team and this query is solved now. However, I have one more question.
    How long does an access token long?
    Thank you.
  • sujith
    Hi @koushik72,
    It is valid till next trading session.
    Unless you login to NEST or Pi.
    If you login to any of the above platform, you will be logged out of KiteConnect. I would recommend using Kite for monitoring purpose.

If you logout of Kite, you are logged out everywhere.
  • koushik72
    Thanks for your answer. I have asked you a question in a message. Please check your inbox.
  • sachin_dp1942
    Hi , Is this Kite API free for startups ? I started subscribing for it today and now in billing section it is showing Rs 2000 debit.
  • sujith
    You can write a mail to talk(at)rainmatter.com by attaching a brief description of your platform and someone from our team will get back to you.