Executing trade with wrong price

MadhuSingh
I was trying to test live python API. I did following two tests:
(i) Called kite.order_place with price=3200 ( I am trading in commodity) LIMIT Sell
The trade was successful at CMP, if I check order details it gives OrderType as LIMIT and executed at market price.
(ii) Called kite.order_place with price=3200 with (only modified quantity)quantity=10000 ( I was not having sufficient margin) .
This trade was rejected with proper values OrderType = LIMIT and price=3200??
  • sujith
    sujith edited May 2017
    Hi @MadhuSingh,
    Can you private message order id? We will check and get back to you.
  • MadhuSingh
    How can i private message?
  • sujith
    @MadhuSingh,
    It seems like you have placed the order and then modified it to the price at which it got executed.
  • MadhuSingh
    Its not correct, I have modified to a higher price.
  • MadhuSingh
    If that was the case then why it got rejected when I placed trade able quantity but I was not having sufficient funds.
    I modified SL value and price to higher value in the modify order.
  • MadhuSingh
    Please correct this.
    I am scared order_place and modify_order API is not working for SL values.
    order_place didnt worked properly when I gave stoploss_value, squareoff_value for Limit order( i.e. Bracket Order).
  • sujith
    Hi @MadhuSingh,
    Bracket orders are not allowed for commodity exchange.
    Same APIs are being used on all our platforms and it is working fine. Please check out examples.
  • MadhuSingh
    Looks interesting, I am asking for Python and you are giving me java example.
    For BO orders charges have been imposed?
  • sujith
    Hi @MadhuSingh,
    Whichever client(library) you use for Kite Connect, params to be passed are same.
    You can check out python documentation here and call APIs using same params as demonstrated in those examples.