Retrieving of Open/Closed/Tradbook via API Current as well as historical

mastertrader21
Hello Team,
I have 2 questions around API.
1) If I place orders via inhouse trading software like Pi or third party portals like smallcase or opentrade. Will i be able to retrieve those trade & receive them on real-time basis via API and consume in my in-house application

2) Do we have any facility in API retrieve historical trades and match with P&L Statement available in backoffice Q.Zerodha

Regards,
  • sujith
    Hi @mastertrader21,
    1) If I place orders via inhouse trading software like Pi or third party portals like smallcase or opentrade. Will i be able to retrieve those trade & receive them on real-time basis via API and consume in my in-house application
    You can see complete orderbook but you can't get postbacks as actions are not invoked from your application. You can only get postbacks if the order is placed from your platform.

One more thing you need to know is if you log into Kite or any Kite Connect app and then log in to Pi then Pi will clear your previous session which means you will be logged out of Kite and Kite Connect app.
    I would suggest using Kite as it will re-use session instead of creating a new one.
    2) Do we have any facility in API retrieve historical trades and match with P&L Statement available in backoffice Q.Zerodha
    We are working on new backoffice, Once it is up you can access to history trades and other back office features.
  • mastertrader21
    Thanks Sujith, will it be possible to explain postbacks
  • sujith
    Hi @mastertrader21,
    Postbacks are like order confirmation notifications. Once an order is completed, rejected or canceled you will get postbacks.
    You can set postback URL in Kite Connect app page on developer console and we will make a post request to the provided URL.
    For parsing and other details check out documentation here.
  • mastertrader21
    Thanks a lot Sujith for prompt response. Just to be clear if there is a trade not originated from my app, i will not get the postbacks in terms of their status of the trade but can i get details once the trade is completed and i will need that information.
  • sujith
    Hi @mastertrader21,
    You will have complete access to user's tradebook and orderbook.
    This is why we ask permission to the user after the first login from the KiteConnect app.
    If user grants permission then only you will have access to his data.
  • mastertrader21
    Hello Sujith,

We are working on new backoffice, Once it is up you can access to history trades and other back office features.

Anytime timeline for this feature.
  • sujith
    Hi @mastertrader21,
    I am afraid we can't give timeline as of now as it is still under development phase.
  • mastertrader21
    Hello Sujith,
    If I am using Kite Publisher and the order originate from my website but uses kite publisher and goes to Zerodha approved kite environment then will i get postbacks or I will have access to only Order book and Tradebook (assuming the user allow the access)

Also if there is a order placed via kite publisher and user wants to cancel or modify the order will the user be able to modify from my end or they need to log in Kite web to modify the same
  • sujith
    Hi @mastertrader21,
    You will get post back if you use your API key.
    You can modify orderbook from your platform.
  • mastertrader21
    thanks @sujith , if I am using multiple user key (building portal for retail trader) then I will need access key for all the clients or it will not be the case.
  • sujith
    Hi @mastertrader21,
    Postbacks will have a field user_id, you can use that to push it to a particular user.
    Check out response format here.
  • mastertrader21
    Hello @sujith
    Thanks for the prompt response. One more question from my end. Assuming client user of Zerodha but connected via my portal (I am build a web portal for retail clients) . He places the order via Zerodha Pi, then will I have access to his order book and tradebook to my portal. If yes then will it be real time or end of day.
  • sujith
    @mastertrader21,
    You will have access to complete orderbook and tradebook.
    Please create a new thread for questions, it will help others.
  • sujith
    You will get real-time data.
This discussion has been closed.