Error while pulling data

traderx
Starting new HTTPS connection (1): api.kite.trade

https://api.kite.trade:443/instruments/historical/784129/15minute?from=2017-07-10&access_token=0000000000000000&interval=15minute&to=2017-07-10&instrument_token=784129&api_key=000000000000 HTTP/1.1" 400 137

InputException(u'No candles found based on token and time and candleType or Server busy.',)

Any idea why this is happening? Has the instrument token changed?
  • sujith
    Hi @traderx,
    There is some issue with market feeds today from exchanges side. Hence there is no data for this scrip.
  • alokrm
    @sujith
    Is the problem with feed for all scripts? I am not getting the web socket data every second for any of the scripts. I am getting it varying from once in 1 minute to once in 10 minutes.
  • sujith
    @alokrm,
    Yes, NSE had shut down data feeds and markets are opening at 11:15 AM and pre-open is from 11:00 AM.
  • traderx
    Thanks for the update.
  • traderx
    Im seeing timestamps like 13:07 for 5m data...Shouldnt they all be multiples of 5m?

{"date_time": "2017-07-10T13:07:00+0530", "symbol": "VEDL", "period": "5m", "last_quote": true, "volume": 34364, "high": 260.2, "low": 259.5, "close": 259.8,...
  • traderx
    @sujith This is ridiculous . The numbers have changed this morning.

{'close': 259.85,
    'date': u'2017-07-10T13:10:00+0530',
    'high': 260,
    'low': 259.5,
    'open': 259.75,
    'volume': 15339},

WHy was the date showing 2017-07-10T13:07:00+0530??? For how many instruments did you guys screw up the data?

WHY THE HELL DIDNT YOU NOTIFY YOUR CUSTOMERS THAT THE DATA WAS BAD?? I would expect a company like zerodha or rainmatter or whatever you call yourelf now to respond to questions about its service.

why dont you have a phone number that we can call you when there are these CRITICAL data issues at stake. This is just a shame on your part.

Please reply with a full RCA.

I also expect some kind of refund when you are providing us with incorrect data, refuse to acknowledge our problems, do not intimate us that there are problems with data and do not tell us the scope of the problem.

• SaurabhSa
    We are not getting updated feeds of Bank nifty futures data. The level for banknifty future is stuck at 23698.55 for the last five minutes even though the market levels are changing

Could you please look into this

Thanks
  • sujith
    Hi @traderx,
    Can you give more information for which instrument you are fetching data and what is the interval?
    We haven't got any complaint regarding data being corrupt, the same data is being served on Kite also which is used by 300,000+ users. If you can point out where is the issue, we will check and fix it.

If there are any operational issues, we do send SMS, email, Kite terminal message or push notifications(latest version) and we update Bulletin. You may keep yourself updated by checking any of this.
  • traderx
    Did you not see my reply from yesterday which i will paste again for your reference:
    "
    Im seeing timestamps like 13:07 for 5m data...Shouldnt they all be multiples of 5m?

{"date_time": "2017-07-10T13:07:00+0530", "symbol": "VEDL", "period": "5m", "last_quote": true, "volume": 34364, "high": 260.2, "low": 259.5, "close": 259.8,...
    "
    Please note that the time is showing 13:07 and not 13:05 or 13:10... This was happening accorss various symbols throughout the day for the 5minute period. Everything was ok this morning.

• sujith
    @traderx,
    Our data team has done some changes to fix the issue. Now you can check and let us know if there are any other issues.
  • traderx
    Thats exactly what Im trying to tell you.

1. Why didnt you get back to me yesterday?
    2. What is the root cause of this problem
    3. Will this happen again
    4. How many instruments we affected with this CORRUPTED DATA???
    5. What is the timeframe that the data was corrupted

Please get back to me on all these points. We are paying for a service that we rely on. Some one -off comments on your part is not going to be enough.
  • sujith
    @traderx,
    You need to understand this is not a support forum. This is just a platform for Kite Connect community to ask queries about APIs and report issues.

We are developers like you who develop stuff you use. So, there might be a delay in response.

There was some corrupted data in the system which was cleared today. It happened to all the scrips. We have informed data team to monitor so that this won't happen again. You may clear yesterday's data and re-fetch that.

@SaurabhSa,
    Is this happening today also?
  • sujith
    @SaurabhSa,
    Please create a new thread if you are still facing the issue.
This discussion has been closed.