Modify Order

gautam_s60
Hi,
How to modify or cancel partially executed order for balance open quantities.
  • sujith
    Hi @gautam_s60,
    Check out example for modifying order here.
  • gautam_s60
    i am not getting it,
    if my original qty was 100 and 60 executed, now i want to cancel balance open 40, should i modify order with put (qty=60)?????
  • sujith
    Hi @gautam_s60,
    You can cancel that order.
  • nickmanan
    Hi @sujith
    In the above scenario if the order type as BO, will the order id be the same for pending and filled (executed order) ? If yes , will it also exit the executed order?
    Also if no , how to identify the order id of the unfilled quantity ?
  • sujith
    @nickmanan,
    In an ideal scenario, the system shouldn't exit second leg orders but as of now, it is exiting bracket order when you cancel first leg order. We are working on the fix.

You can fetch orderbook and loop through the unfilled_quantity field to identify orders.
  • nickmanan
    @sujith using unfilled_quantity i can identify the unfilled quantity but how can i cancel it ?

In an ideal scenario, the system shouldn't exit second leg orders but as of now, it is exiting bracket order when you cancel first leg order. We are working on the fix...... Do you mean currently we cannot cancel the unfilled quantity ?
  • sujith
    As of now if you can cancel a first leg order then you will be exiting all second leg orders also.
    Instead, you can modify order quantity.