Bracket Orders

nagaraja0y
1) is bracket order facility ready ? I am trying to place BO using API but it shows "cannot place BO order" ?

2) is Cover Order facility ready ? If so how to place Cover order

This is road blocker for me, without these two I cannot use the API facility.. please let me know at the earliest.
  • Vivek
    @nagaraja0y we have been testing BO and CO and its almost ready. We will be releasing in few days.
  • nagaraja0y
    I tried placing Cover Order and the order has been successfully placed.. Is it okay If I continue to use Cover Order ?
  • Vivek
    Yeah, you can continue using it.
  • nagaraja0y
    I tried to place today a Cover Order with Trigger 216.48 for ADANIPORTS for which last traded price is 215.4. But its throwing error as "Enter Valid Trigger Price". Please let me know is there something that I need to do to through
  • nagaraja0y
    Got it.. Trigger Price need to be in multiples of 0.05..
  • nagaraja0y
    Any timeline for Bracket Order Facility ? Its kind of urgent and currently could not be able to proceed further without Bracket Order.. Please let me know ..
  • nagaraja0y
    I am getting "Sqr Off Absolute should be multiple of tick size 0.05" exception while placing BO order. If the scrip current price is Rs. 100 and if I need Rs 1 as Sqr Off, what should I send in the request ?
  • nagaraja0y
    Currently I sent for Sqr Off value is Rs. 4.85 for scrip price Rs. 300. I am getting the above mentioned error.
  • nagaraja0y
    nagaraja0y edited May 2016
    Any update on this ? I got stuck due to this and can't proceed further..
  • nagaraja0y
    nagaraja0y edited May 2016
    with the below parameters
    disclosed_quantity=16&exchange=NSE&order_type=MARKET&price=486.40&product=MIS&quantity=16&squareoff_value=3.05&stoploss_value=2.45&tradingsymbol=AXISBANK&trailing_stoploss=25&transaction_type=SELL&trigger_price=0&validity=DAY{"message":"Stop Loss Absolute should be multiple of tick size 0.05","error_type":"OrderException","status":"error"}

I am getting Stop Loss Absolute should be multiple of tick size 0.05 while placing Bracket Orders. Am I doing anything wrong ?
  • nagaraja0y
    Similar issue for Sqr Off value. I am posting here request fields
    disclosed_quantity=14&exchange=NSE&order_type=MARKET&price=548.00&product=MIS&quantity=14&squareoff_value=8.95&stoploss_value=2.75&tradingsymbol=BATAINDIA&trailing_stoploss=28&transaction_type=SELL&trigger_price=0&validity=DAY{"message":"Sqr Off Absolute should be multiple of tick size 0.05","error_type":"OrderException","status":"error"}
  • nagaraja0y
    another example below, even this is failing with the same error message on Kite Web Platform also

disclosed_quantity=58&exchange=NSE&order_type=MARKET&price=135.3&product=MIS&quantity=58&squareoff_value=2.2&stoploss_value=0.7&tradingsymbol=CAIRN&trailing_stoploss=7&transaction_type=SELL&trigger_price=0&validity=DAY{"message":"Sqr Off Absolute should be multiple of tick size 0.05","error_type":"OrderException","status":"error"}

please guide me what needs to be done..
  • nagaraja0y
    any update ?
  • Vivek
    We are investigating the issue
  • nagaraja0y
    Dear Vivek,

Did you find anything ? Its blocking for me to proceed further
  • nagaraja0y
    Any update on this ?
  • Vivek
    @nagaraja0y We have reported this to our OMS vendor and they promised fixed will be deployed soon.
  • soumyadeep
    soumyadeep edited July 2016
    Hi Vivek, can you please let us know if BO is ready? I cant see the options at the moment.
    Thanks
  • Vivek
    @soumyadeep Issue is resolved but its going to deployed on coming friday only.
  • soumyadeep
    soumyadeep edited August 2016
    @vivek When placing a squareof absolute value of 0.55, the error "Sqr Off Absolute should be multiple of tick size " pops up. Please look into it. Its harming trading
  • Vivek
    @soumyadeep Its a known issue and our OMS vendor has fixed it but haven't taken it live. Please hold on for some time