Access token lifetime

guru
guru edited May 2016 in General
Hi,
Once an access token is issued, when would this expire?

In another post is saw that The tokens are also flushed in the mornings at around 8.30.
Does this mean we have to get the access token everyday?

Thanks
  • Kailash
    That's correct, unless logged out, tokens expire at 8.30 AM every day. You'll need to initiate a re-login then.
  • sekharrockz
    sekharrockz edited May 2016
    @Kailash

i logged out using your api, but it is not showing me login-screen. it automatically creates a new access token.

any reason behind it ?

my response after logout - {"status": "success", "data": true}
  • Kailash
    When you log out, you're just invalidating your access_token. It won't kill the actual Kite (kite.zerodha.com) session.
  • sekharrockz
    is it possible to force user to login via kite when he does a logout using the api
  • Kailash
    If the user is logged into Kite and not the API, the login redirect happens automatically (doesn't prompt for the username and password again).
  • sekharrockz
    @Kailash
    i was using kite (mobile app from play store from zerodha) mobile app. I did the login and it worked properly and then when i did logout and opened the app again, it prompted me to add my login details again. i was thinking to have this kind of feature as your app provides.
  • lazydragonfist
    Is there any way to make tokens permanent (Atleast for my Own Account ) ?
    so that I don't need to login every morning after 8:30
  • sujith
    Hi,
    It is mandatory by the exchange that a user has to log in manually at least once a day to trade in markets.
    I am afraid there is no workaround for this.
  • puneetbijnor4020
    So If get a access token at 6am . It will be invalidated at 8:30am
  • sujith
    Hi @puneetbijnor4020,
    Yes, clearing tokens is a manual process. I would suggest login at around 8:30 AM