Not able to exit positions resulting from orders with status "order is not open" in kite UI

kbsbng
I see in the positions tab following on 30th Aug:

When I hovered over instrument and clicked on Exit, it took me to the the orderbook, which showed no open orders!

All the orders were placed using Kite connect APIs. I had placed only BO orders, but, strangely, there were no open orders in order book, but, there was an open position on the positions page.

When I investigated further, I found that there were two orders with order_status "order is not open", because of which this issue seems to have happened. As a result, the open orders got closed at the end of day with a loss of 2400 :( . Can you please let me know why this issue happened?
  • sujith
    Hi @kbsbng,
    Can you check if you are sending params properly? Refer to the example here.
  • kbsbng
    Hi @sujith,

Yes, params are being sent properly, in fact, many other orders did get placed properly. This issue happened with only two orders
  • sujith
    Hi @kbsbng,
    Can you private message order id? We will check and get back to you.
  • sujith
    @kbsbng,
    Are you sure you are sending variety as "bo" and not "regular"?
  • tonystark
    Hi @kbsbng,

Possible values of Product are "MIS", "CNC" and "NRML". And possible values of Variety are "regular", "bo", "co" and "amo". So to place BO you have to use "bo" as "Variety". Please take a look at the example Sujith posted above.
  • kbsbng
    Hi @ajinasokan

Yes, I have used bo as variety and MIS as product. As I mentioned earlier, many other BO orders that I have placed programmatically have got executed properly. There was this issue with only 2 orders, and from what I see, it mostly looks like this could have occurred due to delay in canceling of the SL order after the execution of SO order, or vice versa.
  • kbsbng
    Can you please confirm if that was the case?