OrderStatus/OrderBook/Position through Websockets

Ones
Is this enabled now? Or when is it likely to get enabled? Eagerly awaiting this feature.
  • sujith
    Hi,
    It is not yet added. We will include it in next version of Websockets.
  • Ones
    Ones edited October 2017
    @sujith
    Thanks.
    When is the next version likely to get released? Elsewhere it was mentioned that it was to happen mid Oct. Can we expect to get this Diwali gift right during the festive celebrations? :)
  • sujith
    It is a major change.
    We are planning to change the architecture also for next version of Websockets API.
    It might take a while. I would suggest don't wait for that, use postbacks as of now.
  • Ones
    @sujith
    But there are limitations of postbacks, as in it will return only if the order is Completed, Rejected or Cancelled, since it does not return if the order is partially filled and hence cant send any order modification or order cancellation request, its usage is handicapped. So as of now, there is no other alternative than to use Market Orders and hence related slippages/impact cost and adds to the additional trading expenses, so effectively higher quantities cant be traded. Similarly even using IOC orders wont help as brokerage cost will shoot up exponentially. So catch 22 situation as off now, till everything is offered through Websockets. Hope it will be fulfilled asap.
  • Ones
    @sujith
    Any workaround to get status of Open order along with quantity filled? Or it are we at the dead end as of now. Calling the OrderBook is a cumbersome and resource hungry task and practically slows the execution code so long that trading strategies cant be implemented with such a huge time lag.
  • sujith
    @Ones,
    We will provide order status updates on websockets in one or two weeks.
  • Ones
    @sujith
    Thanks. Eagerly awaiting.
  • sauravkedia
    @ones Out of sheer laziness, I had not implemented postbacks. I am polling kite.trades() every 15 seconds to get order fill information and working with it. Key is that you need to do it in a separate thread. If the current postback feature is a handicap, I would encourage you to try quick polling in a separate thread and check if it works for you. Yes, it is resource hungry, making you PC work and eats bandwidth, but these are tiny tasks both for your broadband and PC. The issue is it is inelegant. However, utility has to override elegance.
  • sujith
    Hi @sauravkedia,
    You don't have to do that anymore. You will be notified for every status change via websockets.
  • Ones
    Ones edited October 2017
    @sujith,
    That is once the Order status (with quantity filled / open) are made available through Websockets, right?
    @sauravkedia ,
    That will be a fall back option, will wait for a few more days as what I need will be made available thru Websockets.
  • sujith
    @Ones,
    Yes, notification for each status change will be provided in a couple of weeks. Right now you will get postbacks only after order execution completes.
  • sauravkedia
    @sujith unfortunately, Zerodha is floundering here. For better part of last two years, you have not been able to release the new version fully.
  • arsh_makker
    i would have to agree with @sauravkedia