Streaming feed of BSE instruments

pybull
Hi,

I have been trading only in NSE using Kite Connect. I understand that the BSE trading support has already been added in Kite. However, is there a corresponding change in the websocket API of Kite Connect for the same? Since we don't pass the exchange parameter in the websocket API, I am guessing that the current API would not work, as there could be clashes with the instrument token between exchanges.

I tried searching for it in this forum, but could not find the same. Is BSE supported in Kite Connect? If yes, how do we get the real time quotes from the websocket?

Regards,
Atmaram
  • sujith
    Hi @pybull,
    Kite Connect does support BSE instruments. You do get details about BSE instruments in the dump.
    You just need to subscribe for ticks passing the tokens given in that dump. There are no changes in the flow.
    You can check out documentation.
  • pybull
    pybull edited October 2017
    Hi @sujith,

If I have understood correctly, I would need to pass the instrument token normally, just like in NSE.

But wouldn't this lead to clashes? Or is it guaranteed that the instrument token would be unique, even across exchanges? I meant, is the following scenario possible?

Exchange: NSE, symbol: X, token: 123456
    Exchange: BSE, symbol: Y, token: 123456

If yes, will I get two ticks for the token 123456? One for the NSE symbol X and another for the BSE symbol Y?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Regards,
    Atmaram
  • sujith
    @pybull,
    Instrument tokens are assigned by us. It will be unique. You can send it and subscribe for ticks.
    PS: Don't use exchange token, it is not unique.
  • pybull
    Cool, that clears the confusion. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.