No Live Quotes coming for NFO segment

VenkateshV
VenkateshV edited December 2017 in API clients
@Kailash

i just observed that no No Live Quotes coming for NFO segment on Kite API.

Where as NSE & BSE Quotes no issues.

Any issue on NFO live streaming?

im getting message invalid symbol

Pls revert ASAP.
  • sujith
    Hi,
    We haven't noticed any issue with live market data streaming for NFO segment. Can you let us know some example instrument tokens for which you did receive ticks?
  • VenkateshV
    @sujith

i did my first login @ 2.15 pm...

i have not recd a single quote on any of the NFO symbol and was giving error "Symbol is Null or Invalid" for the entire NFO Segment symbols. Even i tried login /Logout also for couple of times, however not fruitful.

FYI, I was using KiteXL....Hope this should not be the issue...since i was getting NSE & BSE Quotes without any issues.
  • sujith
    Hi @botany02,
    Is there any difference in logic to fetch quotes for NFO and NSE/BSE instruments?
  • VenkateshV
    @sujith @botany02

Hi both this is just to let you know even till yesterday i was receiving NFO quotes on the same KiteXL what i was using today.
  • botany02
    botany02 edited December 2017
    Hi @sujith
    Logic is same for all exchange.
    I suspect the issue might be in KiteXL.
    May be Time out happened while downloading NFO symbols.It happens when downloading large data.

@VenkateshV
    All issues will be sorted out in the new release.As a temporary solution, if you face any such issues, just delete all the symbol list files from My Documents and reopen KiteXL, try downloading again.
  • reechaar
    is there a path from where symbols and be downloaded manually and stored at my documents?