Basket orders - "All or None" - Whether possible?

Gjain75
Is it possible to place basket order, where ALL trades are executed - if one order fails, the system should not execute the rest. This will be IoC order not gtt
  • SRIJAN
    Basket orders are not available in api for now.
  • Gjain75
    Gjain75 edited December 2021
    why has this functionality been removed? Because of the recent SEBI intention of banning algo trading?
  • SRIJAN
    Basket orders were never available in KiteConnect api.
  • Gjain75
    @rakeshr I could place a basket order through kite platform, may I please enquire why is this functionality not available through API? without this functionality, atleast for me, api may not be useful as end to end solution for executing trades
  • sujith
    sujith edited December 2021
    @Gjain75,
    Basket orders are also placed synchronously, it is same as you maintaining basket on a list or queue at your end and firing orders.
    For now, we have kept baskets feature exclusive to Kite app and web.
  • Gjain75
    @sujith Thank you for clarifying, can we expect this basket order feature to be added to api in near future? actually, the strategies, am finalising involves basket orders, failing one would render the basket unviable. manually punching basket is very troublesome for fast moving multiple orders (though not HFT). I had tried basket on kite today to see how it works, and punching 6-7 legs of one trade manually exposes to human error, besides losing margin benefits (if not sequenced well).

I would strongly request your team to kindly consider bringing in basket order functionality in api as soon as possible (or before SEBI puts a roadblock to algos, atleast until that time)
  • sujith
    sujith edited December 2021
    @Gjain75,
    It is a UI feature. On Kite app and web also we fire orders one by one from the frontend. OMS doesn't have bulk order placement feature.
    It makes no sense to provide it on API when you only have to fire orders one by one.
    It would have made sense to provide an API if we had fired all orders at once. But that is not the case.
  • Gjain75
    @sujith noted, thanks.
    so I understand, if I have to execute 5 legs of one trade, I have to send 5 orders sequentially. correct me pls if I still get it wrong.
  • sujith
    Yes, if there is a basket with 5 instruments/orders in it then you will have to place order 5 times.