Historical Data using Websocket

kennethsingh
Hi,

Is it possible to get historical data at every second using kite websocket?
  • sujith
    You can use live market data and build candles at your end. You can get started here.
  • kennethsingh
    Hi Sujith, from the discussion in the link above it looks like what I need is bulk API call for second level historical data. Is my understanding correct?
  • kennethsingh
    Hi Sujith, the above link is for streaming live data right? Are you suggesting I should stream the live data during market hours and store it at my end for future use? I was looking for historical data - something like the way the KiteConnect gives with kite.historical_data(). But I would like this for every second. Is this something that can be done?
  • rakeshr
    I was looking for historical data - something like the way the KiteConnect gives with kite.historical_data(). But I would like this for every second.
    No, second's data is not available for the historical periods. You can only fetch live second's data(to be precise tick data) using WebSocket streaming.
  • kennethsingh
    Hi Rakesh I am getting an error that says ReactorNotRestartable:
    I was running the same script and it was giving me the tick data but now when I tried to run this the second time it is giving me this error. What is the fix for this?