Wrong quantity placed even if given different quantity

maheshsolanke
maheshsolanke edited April 2022 in Python client
Hello Team

Facing this issue for the last few days, I have given 550 quantities in the kite.place_order but it has placed 150 quantities.
sometimes it works properly, but sometimes not, please have a look at this issue, this may cause major losses.
order type: NRML-LIMIT
Tagged:
  • SRIJAN
    SRIJAN edited April 2022
    There is no guarantee that limit orders will be completely filled. There might not be enough liquidity for 550 qty at your limit price. So,only 150 qty could be filled.
  • maheshsolanke
    but while placing the order sent 550 qty.
    but when I see in the kite console, there is only 150 quantity taken for that order
  • SRIJAN
    Share screenshots of your code and kite interface ,then only anyone can help you.
  • maheshsolanke

in the above image only highlighted order got placed wrongly,

placed a buy order with 550 qty
    later placed a sell order with the same quantity, but it takes 500 qty.
    had to place 50 qty manually because of that

if you see the above image out of 6 trades, the problem is in 1 trade
    sometimes it's in the CALL script sometimes it's in the PUT script

please note that this is on the sell side after the instrument has been bought

readl_orderid = kite.place_order(variety=kite.VARIETY_REGULAR, exchange=kite.EXCHANGE_NFO, tradingsymbol='NIFTY2241317700CE',transaction_type=kite.TRANSACTION_TYPE_SELL, quantity=550, product=kite.PRODUCT_NRML, order_type=kite.ORDER_TYPE_LIMIT, price=price)
  • SRIJAN
    That's weird. I have never encountered this problem. You are passing the quantity manually,right?? Are you sure,you didn't put 500 as the qty accidentally in the sell order? If you are sure,there wasn't any mistake from your side,seek help from Sujith Sir or Rakesh Sir .
  • maheshsolanke
    @sujith sir, @rakeshr sir please help us out with this.
  • rakeshr
    Can you DM request debug log for such order placements? So, we can investigate further.
    You need to add below changes in your order placement code:
    import logging
    import http.client
    logging.basicConfig(level=logging.DEBUG)
    http.client.HTTPConnection.debuglevel = 1
  • maheshsolanke
    Okay thanks.