Postback url not working

Naresha
We have created the SL order using the kite api. When order status changes to completed/cancelled, the updated status does not return to the postback url.
  • sujith
    It is because you haven't entered any postback url while creating the Kite Connect app.
    You can go to developers console and go to app details page and set the postback url.
  • Naresha
    @sujith i have already entered the postback url.
  • thepunisher
    I too had the very same issue today. I checked my web server's access logs and there was no request entry for the postback URL. My setup has been working perfectly for the past 2 months and I see requests from 13.126.88.193 to my postback URL every day. My web server wasn't down today. I use an uptime monitoring service that monitors at 1 min intervals.
  • sujith
    @thepunisher,
    We see the timeout error being logged at our end while sending postback. If you are doing some processing then i would suggest respond first with 200 and then continue doing processing.
  • Naresha
    Stop loss order status not triggering the postback url. Please help me on the same.
  • sujith
    When a stoploss order is placed and it is sitting in Trigger pending status, Kite Trade will not send a postback. It is only sent when the trigger is hit.
  • Naresha
    @sujith When the trigger is hit then also we are not gettting any response.
  • sujith
    @Naresha,
    Did you place order from API or on Kite web or Kite mobile app?
  • Naresha
    @sujith I have placed order from API
  • rakeshr
    We have created the SL order using the kite api. When order status changes to completed/cancelled, the updated status does not return to the postback url.
    We just reproduced this at our end using SL order(limit and trigger_price) and all status of UPDATE, CANCELLED, and COMPLETE status are hitting the postback URL absolutely fine. You need to inspect your local postback setup. Go through postback FAQs here.