Issue with Getting Historical Data

ravalnsons

How to solve this error.

I am trying to get historical data for 1 year. In a single shot, I am passing only 50 days. I had also make 2 seconds sleep before calling
kite.GetHistoricalData()

• rakeshr
    Are you trying to fetch this older data for the BSE contract?
    You need to handle this exception and retry to fetch for the same period with adding some delay.
  • ravalnsons
    I am looping to get data for all the instruments. I had put 5 seconds delay but the result is same.
  • ravalnsons
    I have tested only to get NSE data and it is working good. Is there any issue with BSE data? I also want to track the stocks which are only in BSE. Is there any way for that?
  • rakeshr
    Is there any issue with BSE data?
    No, it's not an issue. As said above handling should solve all random timeouts, You need to handle this exception and retry to fetch for the same period with adding some delay.
    I also want to track the stocks which are only in BSE. Is there any way for that?
    You will have to filter out such contracts from the full instrument list. We don't have anything out of the box for this.
  • ravalnsons
    Ok. Thank you.
  • ravalnsons
    I am getting data till Jan-2015. The historical data is available only for 7years?
  • sujith
    You can refer to the FAQs here.
  • sujith
    Minute level data is there from 2015 but day data is available from a longer time.
  • ravalnsons
    ravalnsons edited September 2022
    Ok, thank you. I Want to report an issue.

Platform: Console Application C#
    Package: Tech.Zerodha.KiteConnect (.NET Library )
    Function: kite.GetHistoricalData()
    Instrument Token: 3901185
    From Date: 2015-12-22
    To Date: 2016-03-21
    OI: false
    Contonuous: false
    Error Message: System.OverflowException: 'Value was either too large or too small for a UInt32.'

I think this is the issue with OI/Volume data.

I also check with the Postman API, it is working as expected. The only issue is with the .Net Library.

Let me know if I am wrong.

Refer to the screenshots attached here.

• ravalnsons
    okay.. thanks
This discussion has been closed.