Too many request

sahilajmeri1
Hi Team,

I have created an option chain using kiteconnect api in python. It was working fine since last 1 month. But suddenly i am observing that i am getting error of 'Too Many Request'. I am calling API every minute, so sending 1 request every minute. I think it is under the rate limit of API. Please help me to resolve this issue.
  • sujith
    You can enabled debug logs and check, if it is within rate limit, you won't get error from Kite Connect.
  • sujith
    You can check out the documentation here.
  • sahilajmeri1
    getting this error in my python code

"Exception while downloading OC for NIFTY 'NIFTY22SEP14200CE'"

why this specific strike has issue??
  • rakeshr
    "Exception while downloading OC for NIFTY 'NIFTY22SEP14200CE'"
    This is the wrong symbol. You can fetch all trading stikes/instruments from the full instrument list.
  • sahilajmeri1

Yesterday as you suggested we have tried, all strikes was coming but "NIFTY22SEP14200CE'" was missing. This is the issue from kite connect api. Please troubleshoot it from your end
  • themohammedfaisal

The exchange allows X number of strikes to be active at one point in time. For Nifty, 30-1-30 strikes are allowed(OTM-ATM-ITM). More strikes are introduced as the contract moves in either direction to ensure 30 strikes are active at that end.
    In most cases, both PE and CE are active for a strike price but in this case, while 14200 PE is active, the CE strike is not active. You can refer to the kite instruments file to find the active strikes.
  • sahilajmeri1
    so what can i do in that case? Should i skip 14200 CE programatically?
  • themohammedfaisal
    Yes, if its not there in the instrument list, it is not tradeable and should be skipped for the day.
    The contract wont have any outstanding OI either.