GTT orders - Cancel or Delete

kiranbvsn
Hi, From the documentation, I can see that the GTT orders, which are not triggered can be deleted, but I want to know the GTT orders which are triggered but not executed. How to cancel those orders from the python api client. I can see no functionality over there to cancel the gtt orders which are not executed.
  • rakeshr
    I can see no functionality over there to cancel the gtt orders which are not executed.
    Triggered GTT will be available in the orderbook. You can fetch those and cancel them.
  • kiranbvsn
    kiranbvsn edited February 2023
    Hi, I read through the documentation, and needs some clarity. My requirement is to place a bracket order in Nifty FnO. So here is my understanding, please clarify.
    1. I Place GTT - OCO order with, LTP = X, SL = X-5, Target = X+10, triggers=[X-5,X+10]
    So I am correlating this order with the bracket order.
    My requirement is, I want to buy the instrument at X price and wait for either SL or Target to get hit... Here are my questions.
    a. The above Place GTT OCO order alone will fulfill (sufficient in placing ) my requirement (bracket order)?
    b. if it fulfills, then when and how my order is actually "executed"? i.e The order (buy) executes when the real-time price reaches LTP=X? Also, in order to have guaranteed execution, will I need to modify any triggers within GTT?
  • kiranbvsn
    In layman's language to understand, I want to place an order like below from the API in one shot

Note here, I am placing a Limit buy order, and if the limit buys order is met or executed, I want to wait for either the sell trigger or target trigger to be executed.

Also, one more for guaranteed execution once the limit order is placed, what parameters do I need to take into account? for example: adjusting triggers etc...

• kiranbvsn
    @sujith or @rakeshr could you please clarify, I am really stuck at this point
  • rakeshr
    a. The above Place GTT OCO order alone will fulfill (sufficient in placing ) my requirement (bracket order)?
    No, you need to place two orders as per your use case, an entry order(Buy/Sell) separately and then use two-leg GTT for stop-loss or target for that entry order.
    b. if it fulfills, then when and how my order is actually "executed"? i.e The order (buy) executes when the real-time price reaches LTP=X?
    No, LTP you mention in the GTT order params is the current LTP. GTT is executed once, either SL or Target trigger price is reached. This thread explains more.