More than one API keys in same subscription?

zerodhaVyankatesh
Hello everyone,
We can subscribe for up to 3000 instruments on a single WebSocket connection and receive live quotes for them. Single API key can have upto 3 websocket connections.

If I need to have another API key for more than 3 websocket connections, do I need to subscribe again with additional monthly charges, or I can create additional API keys within same subscription? Please advise.
  • rakeshr
    do I need to subscribe again with additional monthly charges
    You need to create an new kiteconnect app.
  • sujith
    You will have to create a new app and use that api_key. Kite Connect offers only one subscription for each Kite Connect app.
  • zerodhaVyankatesh
    zerodhaVyankatesh edited February 2023
    Thanks, @sujith and @rakeshr
    If I'm running multiple program scripts which needs to call websocket streaming, can I think of following approach?

1) Create one script to retrieve the token using API key for app. Save the token somewhere.
    2) Call websocket in other multiple scripts using same token.

Please advise if you've any suggestions:
  • sujith
    Yes, you can always use one script for fetching data and dump it somewhere and all other scripts/apps will access that.
  • zerodhaVyankatesh
    zerodhaVyankatesh edited February 2023
    @sujith I'm exploring cloud solution so I think if I try to dump per tick data in S3 bucket and use it by another scripts, dumping data itself will take longer so scripts won't be checking real time data. So instead of dumping the data - can I just retrieve the token with one script and use that token in other scripts to call websocket streaming? Thanks again!
  • sujith
    Yep, that won't be an issue. Kite Connect is just a REST like APIs you can do anything you want.
  • dtyxg
    dtyxg edited June 2023

According to this can we have multiple API subscription for a single demat account on Zerodha ?

@sujith @rakeshr
  • sujith
    Yes, you can create multiple Kite Connect apps from one developers console account and it can be used with same Zerodha account as well.