Timeout from zerodha kite apis for placing orders

prasad_bhosale
Hi Team, I have observed that sometimes your API gets a time of more than 7 seconds in such cases below error is coming. Kindly check this case asap.

{
message: 'No response from server with error code: ECONNABORTED',
error_type: 'NetworkException',
data: null
}

For your reference - I have checked your code in node_modules in which you guys have specified a default timeout of 7 seconds.
in utility/kc.js line no. 84
  • sujith
    Is this hosted somewhere or local setup? How often does it happen? Is this only for place order or it happens for other endpoints as well?
  • prasad_bhosale
    This is hosted at azure cloud and the frequency of this is 1 or 2 in a day. This happens for any random api like order or ltp method
  • sujith
    It can happen because of many factors since everything is happening via internet, difficult to pin point. You may try handling it or play around with firewall, switch network/cloud provider.
  • prasad_bhosale
    I have already checked by playing around firewall and previously I was using AWS there also I was facing the the same. Even I have checked by increasing bandwidth of server but no luck. It has to resolve from your end.
  • sujith
    It is not about the bandwidth, it is more because of hops unavailability or if you are polling then cloudflare might block you. It is difficult to conclude it is issue in our server or vendor systems or CDN or issue at user ISP.
    I would suggest add some delay and then retry for all fetch orders and check orderbook and then retry for place and modify orders.