Regular (limit) order along with limit stop loss and take profit

zerodhaVyankatesh
hello team,

I need to place an order at limit price and also set stop loss as well as take profits at limit price.
Form the technical workflow perspective, could you please assist to achieve this?

1) Can I set limit take profit as well as stop loss at the time of placing regular limit buy/sell order?

2) If I want to exit when price reaches to certain number, can I exit at limit price through API just like we do on platform?

Please share relevant details and API documentations for reference for above questions.

Thanks,
++ @sujith @rakeshr
  • rakeshr
    Can I set limit take profit as well as stop loss at the time of placing regular limit buy/sell order?
    Go through this thread.
    If I want to exit when price reaches to certain number, can I exit at limit price through API just like we do on platform?
    Yes. Go through the API documentation here.
  • zerodhaVyankatesh
    Thanks, @rakeshr Could you please have a look at below points:

1) After market open I bought BHEL and placed GTT take profit and stop loss. Price hit stop loss which was failed with reason "Insufficient stock holding or there are pending sell orders for this stock. Check the orderbook. Order quantity: 1, Holding quantity: 0". Can I follow GTT way to open and close the orders within few minutes?

2) For second way I mentioned (to exit when price reaches to certain point, what API I need to consider I need to consider from documentation you referred here to exit order at take profit or stop loss at limit price? Could you please elaborate the logic a bit?

Thanks
  • sujith
    Your open position and the GTT had same product type? This usually happens when you have MIS position and you placed sell GTT with CNC product type.

To exit a position, you need to place the same quantity order with opposite transaction type. The exit order API is to exit the cover order. It has nothing to do with open positions.