Error Authorising App with KiteConnect login_url

SohailAhmed
Hello everyone,

I'm working with the KiteConnect library and trying to obtain a login URL using the following code (where xxx is my api_key):

from kiteconnect import KiteConnect
kite = KiteConnect(api_key="xxx")
url = kite.login_url()
print(url)
When I navigate to the provided URL and attempt to log in using my Zerodha Client Id (the same ID configured for my app), I encounter this error:

{"status":"error","message":"Error authorising app. Try re-initiating login.","data":null,"error_type":"GeneralException"}

Has anyone encountered a similar issue or could provide guidance on how to resolve this? I'd appreciate any help!
  • rakeshr
    @SohailAhmed
    Can you check now? Should be working fine now.
  • SohailAhmed
    Hi @rakeshr

I am facing the same issue.

I encountered another problem when attempting to log in at https://developers.kite.trade. The system reported that my email and password were invalid. I then attempted to reset my password, but it indicated that the email address was unknown. To verify, I attempted to sign up using the same email address and phone number, and the registration was successful. Consequently, I have lost access to my app and the associated credits. Could you kindly assist me with this matter?
  • sujith
    @SohailAhmed,
    There was an issue with the backend day before yesterday. We have initiated the refund. You will have to create a new Kite Connect app and continue.
  • SohailAhmed
    @sujith

I appreciate the update. Could you please provide an estimate of when I can anticipate the refund? This will allow me to use the funds for the creation of the new app. Additionally, I would like to inquire whether my user account remains the same, as my previous sign-in was unsuccessful, and I had to create a new account using the same email address and password.
  • sujith
    You will receive the refund in 5 to 6 working days. Your user account will remain same. It got erased because of the issue.