Huge lag in Historical API since last week

benny
Hi,

I have been using the historical API to backtest and trade the market using the NIFTY50 1min candles for the last year or so. However since the last week (around when there were issues with the kite charts as well) there has been a few issues -
  • 503 Service Unavailable - No Server is available to handle this request.
  • When the request does go through, there is a huge delay in the creation of the latest minute candles that ranges from 2min to 20min.
I understand that websockets must be used for real-time data, but my system only requires candles even with a lag upto a few mins. I've tested it thoroughly and was working well for the last year. If nothing, would request some level consistent behaviour from the API's so that systems can be built predictably.

Would appreciate any help in resolving this.

@rakeshr @sujith @Kailash
  • sujith
    @benny,
    We have informed the data team to take a look at this.
  • benny
    Thank you! Please let me know as soon as you hear something.
  • benny
    Hello @sujith , any update on this? The issue still remains and I'm still currently unable to run my automated scripts. Please help!
  • hrp
    I have observed that the history data call is not providing accurate 5-minute candle data. I have tried to access it, with 5min delay, 15 delay, 30min delay, 45min delay, 60min delay but the actual data is not matching. I'm expecting OHLC and volume data accurate.
  • sujith
    @hrp,
    The historical data API is provided only for backtesting purposes. You can use live market data from websockets to build the candle data. You can get started here.

@benny,
    Our data team is working on the timeout issues.
  • hrp
    Thanks a lot Sujith and Benny :)