renew_access_token() function

Siddhant_Mohanty
I am trying to automate a weekly strategy, my main program is running 24*7 in a server. The access token expires every 24 hrs, so before expiry of access token I need to create a new access token and pass it to login or websocket functions where new access token is required.
How do I proceed with this approach, how can I use renew_access_token() to automate the above process better so my program does not stop when current day access token expires.
Can anyone please suggest how to proceed with expiring access tokens and renewing it every day?
  • kakush30
    There are ways to automate it, but its a dark area, as it violate SEBI rules.
  • Siddhant_Mohanty
    @kakush30 Can you suggest some link or thread for this problem?
  • Siddhant_Mohanty
    Siddhant_Mohanty edited November 2023
    @rakeshr @sujith pls let me know your opinion. Any help is highly appreciated.
  • sujith
    It is mandatory by the exchanges that a user has to manually login at least once a day. We don't recommend automating login.
  • Siddhant_Mohanty
    @sujith OK it is possible to do manual login at least once a day in kite web platform but at the same time can I use renew_access_token() to login every morning or create new access token every morning and use that token to do rest of the operation for the day?
  • kakush30
    You have to deal with this problem on your own, no one able to help you. As I said this is dark area, and you be violating SEBI rules.
    It is quite possible, that should be enough hint for you, if you want to move forward. But if you expecting someone help you, that woudnt be possible, and I dont think you be getting any link.
  • Siddhant_Mohanty
    @kakush30 I know its possible have done the same for different broker, just needed some info on renew_access_token(). Not expecting anyone's help but as this is a forum would have liked some good suggestion.
  • sujith
    @Siddhant_Mohanty,
    As mentioned above automating login is a violation of the regulation and we don't recommend doing the same.
This discussion has been closed.