Historical data fetching speed

ANL
Hello,

Can you please guide me on how fast historical data is fetched from the Kite server?

For example, suppose I want to fetch 5 days (Include today) of live historical data for instrument RELIANCE. So, I make one Rest API poll to fetch one instrument. What is the speed rate of getting this poll result?

If I get this data below 1 second, then is there no need to go with Websocket stream data for fetching only one token's OHLC &V results ?

@sujith @rakeshr
  • ANL
    Can you please share your insights?
  • rakeshr
    Can you please guide me on how fast historical data is fetched from the Kite server?
    So, I make one Rest API poll to fetch one instrument. What is the speed rate of getting this poll result?
    If I get this data below 1 second, then is there no need to go with Websocket stream data for fetching only one token's OHLC &V results ?
    We won't recommend you to poll historical data API in the live market. There will be some latency as explained in this thread.
    We recommend you use websocket streaming to get the latest tick data.
  • ANL
    @rakeshr
    > As I understand from the thread you shared, we can't predict the time it's generating the candle, so the poll historical data API is not good for live trading. (e.g., 10.00.00 a.m. candle forming after 10.01.30 a.m. (10s or 20s delay))

> I was thinking of rest API data because it's more accurate than websocket stream data. 
    If I go with websocket, I don't get accurate indicator values; if I go with the Rest API, there will be a delay issue.

Could you suggest which is the right method?
  • ANL
    can you please confirm.
  • sujith
    There is no right or wrong method. You can try and use whatever works for you.