We are not receiving postback(Webhooks) data from kite

muralilg
muralilg edited May 2017 in General
We were receiving data through postback urls earlier but we have stopped receiving them from 16th may.
Was there any disruption in that service ? we haven't changed any settings from our end during that time.
Our app is https://wealthbox.in

Thanks,
Murali
  • sujith
    Hi @muralilg,
    This shouldn't be happening. We will look into this.
  • krisys
    @sujith , any information on why this is happening?
  • suyashb
    I am also facing the same issue. The postback response is blank. Can you look into it urgently?
  • sujith
    Hi @krisys, @muralilg,
    We have located the issue we are working on it.

@suyashb,
    Seems to be SSL issue. I think you are using a self-signed certificate. I would suggest you check out letsencrypt or cloudflare.
  • suyashb
    @sujith
    I am receiving blank values here. Wont a self signed certificate lead to receiving no values at all?
  • suyashb
    @sujith I did as suggested and replaced the self signed certificate with one from letsencrypt. Now, I am not receiving ANY postback.
  • shubham.91
    Even I am not receiving any Postbacks. I havent got any configuration issues as I have tested my postback URL using Postman. I am loosing my time and money as I coded using postbacks as suggested in API. Customer care tells us to post technical issues on forum and I see very poor response here. Such issues reflect unprofessionalism from Zerodha's end.
  • sujith
    Hi @suyashb,
    Postback seems to be working fine for your app. We have 200 statuses in logs.

@shubham.91,
    Can you private message your api_key we will check and get back to you.
  • sujith
    @suyashb,
    As mentioned in the documentation, you will get hashed data in the body of request.
  • suyashb
    @sujith I am dumping all the POST content into a file to verify the incoming data. The php code on my Postback URL is
    $myfile = fopen("newfile1.txt", "a") or die("Unable to open file!");
    $txt = json_encode($_POST);
    fwrite($myfile, $txt);
    fclose($myfile);
    The file keeps appending empty square brackets like [ ][ ][ ].

Documentation says "The JSON payload is posted as a raw HTTP POST body. You will have to read the raw body and then decode it."
    Please suggest what is missing here to be able to see the raw body.
  • Vivek
    @suyashb You have to dump the body of the request instead of post content since its a JSON content type and it will sent in raw request body.
  • suyashb
    @vivek @sujith Thanks for your help. It's working fine now.
  • sutolani@gmail.com
    Sujith, Even my application has stopped "Order Modifications" for last one week or so. Can you check and let me know urgently?
  • sujith
    Hi @sutolani@gmail.com,
    In the current setup, you won't get postbacks for order modification.
    You will only get postback, if the order is completed, rejected or canceled.
  • anonymous2806
    hey, I just created a new app and added amazon sqs as a postback url, I placed order using terminal and the order was placed successfully, but I did not recieve any postback call.
    wondering if I am doing something wrong. the order id is - 170607000159457
    it would be awesome if someone could check the logs and tell me if something is wrong?
    thanks in advance :smile:
  • sujith
    Hi,
    Can you private message your api_key?