Can we sell a stock in BE series bought yesterday in EQ series?

algotrader29
Suppose we buy a stock today in EQ Series say 'INFY'. Tommorow the same stock is being traded on BE series 'INFY-BE' would we be able to sell that stock? I mean if we create a sellorder with kite.order_place(tradingsymbol='INFY-BE',.....) will it go through?
  • sujith
    Hi @algotrader29,
    BE stocks can be sold only from the Demat account. Once Infy enters the Demat account, which will take T+2 days, it can be sold on T+3 day in BE category
  • ethanscott
    Hi @algotrader29,
    BE stocks can be sold only from the Demat account. Once Infy enters the Demat account, which will take T+2 days, it can be sold on T+3 day in BE category
    So ideally, if I buy the stocks today, I can resell it after three days right?
    Also, what is the criteria for BL and BT stocks?
    Will I have to wait three days for them too?
    Is that the case for all trades that happen through the demat account?
    Also, is it advisable to have a demat account if I am only majorly interested in MFs and I am going to invest in mutual funds only?
    please help!
  • rakeshr
    @ethanscott
    So ideally, if I buy the stocks today, I can resell it after three days right?
    Yeah
    Also, what is the criteria for BL and BT stocks?
    You can have look to this thread.
    Will I have to wait three days for them too?
    Yes
    Is that the case for all trades that happen through the demat account?
    Yes,Demat is compulsory for above category stocks,else placed order will be rejected.
    Also, is it advisable to have a demat account if I am only majorly interested in MFs and I am going to invest in mutual funds only?
    Their are lot of benefits if using Demat for MFs(Zerodha Coin helds it in DEMAT), you can go through this thread.