Few question related to api client

mastertrader21
Hi Sir,

I have few questions related to api's,

1. On dashboard you have given universal search, like that if i want to give in my website than how will be able to give, means has i have to download instruments one time or have to download data frequently for updated price?

2. I have read on one thread, that you have mention websocket required server register with zerodha for live streaming, is it necessary to have separate server or we can directly load data retrieve using websocket on webpage.

3. And data retrieving using instruments api how much instruments it can give, means whether it will vary according to user or it will same for all user?
Tagged:
  • sujith
    Hi @mastertrader21,
    1. On dashboard you have given universal search, like that if i want to give in my website than how will be able to give, means has I have to download instruments one time or have to download data frequently for updated price?
    Instrument dump is a list of all scrips that are being traded today on the exchange. It is a large file download, it should be ideally downloaded once a day. For a website, maybe you can use local storage.
    2. I have read on one thread, that you have mention websocket required server register with zerodha for live streaming, is it necessary to have separate server or we can directly load data retrieve using websocket on webpage.
    If you are developing a website, the websocket connection and usage must be at the client end(browser), not server side.
    3. And data retrieving using instruments api how much instruments it can give, means whether it will vary according to user or it will same for all user?
    It is same for all users.
  • mastertrader21
    Hi Sujith,

One more question, as I have seen on zerodha dashboard in watch list instruments are getting updated frequently, so which data we have to update frequently and how?
  • sujith
    Hi @mastertrader21,
    We display LTP and change in marketwatch. For more information, you can check out user manual.