market live data

bk18
Hi,

I am a new user to Kite. The documentation for Kite says that the API can be used to fetch live market data. The example given is for a minute. The market data is actually tick by tick, per se by seconds. So the Kite system aggregates market data to a minute?
If not, can we request live market data by second and aggregate it to the minute? Is there a limit on number of calls per second/minute? How to get market live data for more than one scrip/index in a single call? The document does not provide any example for this. If it is already there, provide the link path. May be i have missed it.

--Thanks.
Tagged:
  • Vivek
    You can always use Websocket live streaming data to aggregate minute or data for any period. This week we will release API to fetch market data for more then one scrip.
  • bk18
    Hi,

Thanks for launching bulk fetch. After going through the post, it looks like websocket is not needed. We can get market quotes using REST call itself(bulk, up to 200 instruments). Let me know if this is wrong.

--Thanks.
  • sujith
    Hi @bk18,
    You can't poll that API. You might get rate limited.
    If your logic requires data too frequently then it is better to use the websockets.