Trading Symbol Doesn't exist

sachin2017
Order was placed around 3 PM on 20/11/2017 for TATAELXSI17NOVFUT. Error - Trading Symbol Doesn't exist for the exchange.

Found Similar issue at -
https://kite.trade/forum/discussion/2390/first-day-of-api-usage-serious-issues-faced-trading-symbol-doesnt-exist-oms-404-session-exp#latest

This is serious issue occurred on 31st OCT and seems not yet fixed.
  • sachin2017
    @sujith @Kailash Please look into this. Thanks in advance for your help.
  • sachin2017
    Now getting same error during test trades executed at 1.30 AM IST 21/11/2017. Also while testing around 1.45 AM IST 21/11/2017 placing order from web UI getting "An error occurred! Please check orderbook again"
  • sachin2017
    I am new to coding and these API's but found similar issue in Python client at -
    https://kite.trade/forum/discussion/comment/9321/#Comment_9321
    Please ignore if it is irrelevant to this discussion.
  • sujith
    Hi,
    Post-midnight OMS runs BOD process till around 6:30 AM and during that time it will not accept any requests. Let us know if you are facing this issue during the day.
  • sachin2017
    Hi @sujith,
    Yes I was facing same issue yesterday in live market. Please see my first comment.
  • sujith
    Is this happening consistently or intermittent? Is this happening today?
  • sachin2017
    This is intermittent. Didn't had same problem today. Please ensure that this doesn't happen in future.
  • sauravkedia
    This is not intermittent, it keeps coming again and again. Look at issue I raised a while back: https://kite.trade/forum/discussion/2387/trading-symbol-doesnt-exist-for-the-exchange-error-error-code-400#latest

Further, day before yesterday yesterday, I faced the same issue twice. I placed 5 orders in a scrip,each order at a gap on 1 minute and got this error in two orders while three went smoothly. The problem is definitely with API.
  • sujith
    @sauravkedia,
    Is this happening for bracket and cover orders?
  • sauravkedia
    bracket orders
  • sauravkedia
    @sujith Today as well I placed multiple Bracket orders for DLF17NOVFUT, a few got traded. However for two trades at 9:37:04 am and 9:36:04 am at I got the same error, Trading Symbol doesn't exist. I was not able to collect the params, but from my trading account, from the executed trades of same ticker, you can extract the params.
  • sujith
    @sauravkedia,
    This message is not from us it is from OMS. We are migrating bracket and cover orders to new APIs this week. Hopefully, this won't happen after that.
  • sauravkedia
    Guys,

Unfortunately, today, this error was being generated not only for new entries but also for modifying/exiting existing trades.

Further, the error code is such that its a part of general errors and you cant loop it back. On a priority basis, maybe you can change the error code for this error, so that we can fire the same command again and again till the error vanishes.

• sachin2017
    @sujith
    Again faced same issue today exactly at 03.01PM in live market while sending CO and BO orders for TATAGLOBAL17DECFUT.

This is highly unacceptable for a paid service. I did some research on this same issue and it seems that it has been not resolved since a year. Every time Zerodha representatives give same reason "This is not from Zerodha/us but it is from OMS ".
  • sachin2017
    @sujith
    params for CO:
    price - 0
    transaction_type - BUY
    quantity - 4500
    tradingsymbol - TATAGLOBAL17DECFUT
    exchange - NFO
    validity - DAY
    trigger_price - 298.55
    order_type - MARKET
    product - MIS
  • sujith
    We will discuss with the concerned team and let you know what can be done to fix this.