Historic data scope

conquistadorjd
conquistadorjd edited February 2018 in General
Hi,
I would like to know following.
1. is expired FNO contracts data available ?
2. For Equity 1 min, 3min, 1 day, 1 week etc data is available since which date ?
3. How many requests are process per second. Is there any limitations ?
4. is monthly subscription leads to unlimited data fetch or I get 2000 points or something like that which will limit the data fetched by users.
5. If I am fetching historic data of 5 mins tick @ 12 noon, will same day morning data also be available using historic data API or today's data needs to be fetched by interactive API ?
  • sujith
    sujith edited February 2018
    Yes, you can get historical data for expired future instruments in the day intervals.
    We have intraday(1min, 3min, etc) data of up to three years and day data from 1990's for some NSE instruments.

You can check out this thread to know about API rate limits.

You can fetch unlimited data with a monthly subscription. There is a restriction on the number of days of data that can be retrieved in one request. It is as follows,
    All intervals are in days,
    "minute": 30,
    "hour": 365,
    "day": 2000,

"3minute": 90,
    "5minute": 90,
    "10minute": 90,
    "15minute": 180,
    "30minute": 180,
    "60minute": 365
    You can fetch today's data also from the same endpoint.

Historical data API is provided mainly for backtesting purpose, it is not recommended to use it with live strategies. For live strategies, you need to use live market data and generate candles at your end.
  • conquistadorjd
    thanks for info.
    Can we get historic data for expired options as well ?
    also in above post you mentioned that this is EOD data for futures. Do you have any plan to provide 10, 15,30 mins data ?
  • sujith
    We don't have data for expired option instruments.
    As of now, we don't have plans of providing minute level data for expired instruments.