Getting Quotes in an interval of 1 second

sashiks1009
Hi,
I am currently using the stream to get the ticks.
Is there a way, I can get the ticks at 1 second interval?
If yes, how?
And if no, can I request for a quote every second? Wont this invite delays?

Last question, what is the delay of the data provided by Zerodha compared to NSE?
Tagged:
  • sujith
    You can check out getQuote example here.
    It is real-time data which is published by the exchange. There is no delay in data.
    The quote API is limited to one per second.
  • sashiks1009
    Hi Sujith,
    I want to create a BO for a script price < 100. How can I set a TSL of 50p ?
  • sujith
    The minimum value for trailing stop-loss is 1. Post that you can give any value which will be the modulus of tick size.
  • sashiks1009
    @sujith : So for a script having LTP at 102, if I set the TSL as 10, will it take it as 0.5?

My question is, how does it identifies the type of the parameter passed, it can be a absolute value or the multiple of ticks?

Follow up question:
    How can I cancel(square-off) all the open BO ?
  • sujith
    @sashiks1009,
    Check out this thread, the discussion is about square off and stop-loss values which is same for trailing stop-loss also.
  • sashiks1009
    Hi @sujith ,
    My question is different, appreciate if you can answer it specifically addressed to it.
  • sujith
    Kite Connect doesn't support specifying trailing stop-loss as ticks. It only supports points which means you need to provide price difference as the value.

You can check out this thread to know how to square-off brackert order positions.