scenerio of REJECTED status

sudhirshettyk
Hi,

Can you please confirm that in case a order has a status of REJECTED , the filled quantity is guranteed to be zero . Is that correct ?
In other words, Do you have any scenerios in your implementation that filled quantity is greater than 0 , but the order ends with a REJECTED status ?
  • sujith
    An order can be rejected because of hundreds of reasons. It is rejected by RMS or the exchange I am afraid we can't do anything about it.
    Generally, the probability of this will be very less. If your algorithm itself creates this scenario then I think you will have to rethink about it.
  • sudhirshettyk
    Hi Sujith,

My question is slightly different.
    what i mean is , an order gets partially filled but ends with REJECTED as its status . Is this possible ? I am not able to think of any scenerio under which this can be true.

Regards,
    Sudhir

• sujith
    Apologies, I was under the impression that in case of self-trade both orders will get rejected but it is wrong.

Let us say you place a BUY order for 10 quantity and 5 got filled and somehow your algorithm triggers another SELL order then the new order will be rejected and not first order.
    Another scenario I had thought of was if something goes wrong while trailing a stop-loss order (of bo) then it will be rejected.

But after discussing with RMS and OMS team I found that if an order is open and if modify request fails then it will not be rejected but it will go back to its old status which is open.
    So it is not possible that a partially filled order will be rejected.
  • sudhirshettyk
    Great ! Thanks @Sujith , that really helped.
This discussion has been closed.