Order cancellation without knowing its order number

Ashok121
Dear Team,

Thank you for your continuous support.

I have placed below two orders and they are yet to be executed.
P1=kite.place_order('bo','NSE','YESBANK','BUY',1,product='MIS',order_type='SL',trigger_price=393, price=395,stoploss=5,squareoff=5)
P2=kite.place_order('bo','NSE','YESBANK','SELL',1,product='MIS',order_type='SL',trigger_price=375, price=373,stoploss=5,squareoff=5)

Now P1 is executed and if P1 is executed, I need to cancel P2 automatically. In this case I don't want to know order number of P2 through kite trade login.

Request you to let me know what should I do to cancel P2?

thanks in advance.

regards,
Tagged:
  • Ashok121
    Somebody could revert?
  • HowUTrade
    @Ashok121

Do you close your application after placing 2 orders or your application will be running?
    If you close your application, then no way to cancel one another..

If your application will be running, then you can write simple logic to do that.
  • Ashok121
    After two order placement, my application (python script) will be running every second to check whether first order executed or not.

I just need api command to cancel second order if first got executed. And also want to know how to check order got executed or not.

Regards,
  • rakeshr
    @Ashok121
    Better way to know,order executed status for any specific order, by it's order_id param, have a look here.
  • HowUTrade
    @Ashok121

You can try the below logic;
    Assuming,
    1.You know python well
    2.Using Web-sockets to listen for ticks and order updates.

Step1: Place Order
    P1=kite.place_order('bo','NSE','YESBANK','BUY',1,product='MIS',order_type='SL',trigger_price=393, price=395,stoploss=5,squareoff=5)
    P2=kite.place_order('bo','NSE','YESBANK','SELL',1,product='MIS',order_type='SL',trigger_price=375, price=373,stoploss=5,squareoff=5)

Step2: Store the OrderId's in Dictionary
    orderDict = { P1: P2, P2: P1}
    Here is the main trick
    We store 2 keys,
    In the 1st dict, P1 as Key & P2 as Value
    In the 2nd dict, P2 as Key & P1 as Value

Step3: Cancel order in Websocket Order Update
    orderId = 'Id frm websocket update'
    orderStatus = 'Status frm Webscoket Update'

if orderId in orderDict:
    if orderStatus = "COMPLETE"
    orderToCancel = orderDict[orderId]
    kite.cancel_order(self, "bo", orderToCancel)
    Since the order updates are pushed to you automatically, with few lines of code, you can cancel the other order automatically, you no need to check for order status every sec.
  • Ashok121
    @HowUTrade & @rakeshr
    Thank you for your detailed support.

I will revert in case of further query.

Regards,