Orders Not Getting Routed

uttam
Hi Developers,

My excel VB program is generating all orders (showing correct meesages) but orders are not getting reflected in Order Book of Kite.
What can be the issue? How to sort it out?

Please guide.

thanks.
  • rakeshr
    @uttam
    Are orders getting placed from your program or it throws error?
    Can you enable debug logs and check.
  • uttam
    Orders log is showing every order being generated.
  • rakeshr
    Orders log is showing every
    order being generated
    Order alert being generated from your code and order placed from kite connect APIs is different, make sure order placement logic is working correct.You can, run individually order placement logic manually in local and debug.
    PM me your client id,we will also check the Connect logs.
  • uttam
    Sent you my client ID.
  • ZA8868
    Hi Uttam,
    I am also facing same problem as of 'rakeshhr' where excel and logs are showing orders generated bot they are not implemented ina ctuala nd unable to figure out the cause

HEMANT
  • HowUTrade
    @uttam
    I'm assuming, you are routing orders through Bridge class of KiteNet.
    If that's the case then pls note 'Order routing through bridge' is available only for our Premium clients.

If you are a developer, then you can use Kite Class of KiteNet to route your orders.

The difference between the Kite & Bridge class is;
    Kite class is just like your trading platform.
    Bridge class is extension of Kite class with added features.

In Kite class, you need to add code to restrict multiple order firing, but in Bridge it is not required.

In Kite class, you will not get strategy wise positions details,
    Example: If you placed a Buy order in AXISBANK from Strategy1 and after 1hr another Buy order from strategy2, then you will get combined position details of both order in Kite class (Just like your trading platform). So you will not able to see which order (Strategy) is performing best.But in Bridge, you can see Strategy wise position details.

Bridge class supports Inbuilt 'Async' mode, means your order can be placed in background. But in Kite class you need to implement your own threading to place order in background. What is the benefit of 'Async'?. If you place order in 'Sync" mode, suppose if Kite server takes 30sec to respond/process your request, then your application (Excel or custom app) will hang for this 30sec. So developers needs to add code to place orders in background. But with Bridge 'Async' mode, your order will be placed in background thread thus preventing your app from hanging.
    Just imagine if you are not using ''Async'' and have to close 50 positions at SqOff time and Kite takes 5sec avg to process each order.

Bridge class supports Inbuilt throttle mechanism.
    What does that mean? Assume you are placing 10 orders at a time (Like during SqOffTime).
    If you place order through kite class, then the first 5 orders will be processed by Kite and rest 5 will be rejected by Kite as you exceeded the throttle limit. Just imagine the consequences of rejected 5 orders. So developers needs to add code to ensure that 'No more than 5 orders' is fired at a time and rest orders are put in queue. But with bridge class, this is handled automatically.

Bridge class supports Paper trading. So you can try your strategy without loosing anything. This paper trading is as good as real trading, as position details are manipulated with Best Bid and Ask.

You can fire orders from AmiBroker as well.

Other the above, there are lot more additional benefits using Bridge class.

It is not necessary or mandatory to use Bridge class, as a developer you create your own bridge that extends the Kite class.

Bridge class is for those who don't want to waste time in re-inventing things and want to deploy systems quickly.
  • rakeshr
    @ZA8868
    May be @HowUTrade can help, on this.