Active websocket / KiteTicker connections and working

amamarde
Hello Forum,

I have two questions for which I don't clearly find answers in the documents / already asked question on this forum.

1. What is the max number of active web socket / kite ticker connections one can have using an single api token?

2. Can we have two different processes running with different symbol / mode subscriptions on each, and only the corresponding ticks update will come to it?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Regards,
Abhijit
Tagged:
  • rakeshr
    @amamarde
    What is the max number of active web socket / kite ticker connections one can have using an single api token?
    Have look to this thread.
    Can we have two different processes running with different symbol / mode subscriptions on each, and only the corresponding ticks update will come to it?
    You can run upto three WebSocket connection in parallel.Have look to above thread.
  • amamarde
    @rakeshr Thanks for replying.

But, I am still not clear about one thing. I will try to explain my question / requirement with example.

Lets say I have subscribed to symbols: INFY & WIPRO from machine A. From machine B, I have subscribed to SBIN & TECHM. Now the question is, will I get tick of only INFY & WIPRO on websocket started/connected with machine A and SBIN & TECHM on machine B? How it will work?
  • Imran
    hii @amamarde
    machine a : will require 1 websocket connection that will fetch data for only infy and wipro

machine b : will require another websocket connection for sbin and techm
  • rakeshr
    @amamarde
    As @Imran said, above two WebSockets will be independent of each other, there will be no cross-connection.You can run the same and check.
  • amamarde
    Thanks @Imran and @rakeshr

will check same today and update here.
  • amamarde
    ok just for update, have checked it today and can confirm now we are getting ticks only for the registered scrips in different web-socket connections.

thanks for help
This discussion has been closed.